& PARTNERS MILLENNIUM WAY RELAY RUN - START
Quine (above during handicapping), who
has worked tirelessly on the event for
the past 7 years, reminds you of the
MANN & PARTNERS MILLENNIUM WAY RELAY/CYCLE EVENT - IMPORTANT FINAL INSTRUCTIONS
WE WANT YOU TO HAVE AN ENJOYABLE BUT ALSO A SAFE DAY. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY (AND PASS TO OTHERS IN YOUR TEAM).
THERE ARE A NUMBER OF POTENTIAL HAZARDS ON THE ROUTE. HERE ARE SOME PLACES WHERE YOU SHOULD TAKE EXTRA CARE
- Approach to the bridge at Bloc Eary and the bridge itself - can be slippery
- Bridge between Tholt-y-will Road and Brandywell Road
ENSURE YOU HAVE ADEQUATE CLOTHING FOR THE WEATHER CONDITIONS
- Track to St Lukes is treacherous in places
- Road junction at West Baldwin - cars will be driving down from fist changeover point to Crosby.
- Crossing main Peel to Douglas Road at Crosby - marshalled
- Watch out for parked cars at the changeover point.
Cyclists - please note that there will be a "stop box" as you approach Crosby Crossroads. This is there for your safety. Please stop where advised by the marshal. You must touch the ground with both feet whilst the bike is stationary. This might be frustrating at the time, but the "stop box" will apply to all competitors so any time lost will be the same for everyone. Failure to obey the marshal's instructions will result in a time penalty and possible disqualification.
- Special care at Garth Crossroads (crossing Douglas to Foxdale Road). This is now a busy (and quite fast) road - marshalled
- Watch out for parked cars at St Marks changeover point.
- Section from St Marks to Ballamodha Straight - a small bridge after horses' field (approximately 600m into the leg) is dangerous. Part of the bridge has disintegrated
- Ballamodha Straight - cars approaching at speed from behind
- Silverdale Glen - there is a fallen tree blocking the path approximately 100m -150m after the entrance to the glen. Cyclists take extra care here or you may end up in the river!
- Road crossing point when exiting Rushen Abbey - marshalled
- Road crossing when exiting Poulsam Park - busy junction/roundabout - marshalled