- A1 from Union Mills to Crosby closed to ALL traffic 08.20 to 09.20, Drivers should get on to the Glen Darragh Road before 08.20 or else miss out on this section of the course and head south to Oatlands Road / Old Castletown Road (preferred)
- The Cleaynagh Road
- The Orrisdale Road
- Derby Road, Peel
If you don’t know where these roads are use the Googlemap, a conventional map or just ask someone in good time before the event!
One way roads
These roads can be used for parking and assisting walkers except where no stopping zones are in place (see below)
- The Glen Darragh Road
- The Oatlands Road
- The Old Castletown Road
- St Marks to Ballasalla Road
- The Ballasalla to Ballabeg Road
- Cross 4 Ways to Malew Church
- Church Road Rushan
- The Sloc Road
- The Dalby Road
- Church Street, Peel
- Peel to Kirk Michael Road (from the Switchback junction)
- Ballaugh Church to The Cronk
- Jurby to Bride Road
- The Dhoon to Laxey Road 4.
No stopping zones
- Braddan Bridge to Union Mills
- On the A26 St Marks Road between the Braaid Roundabout and the turn off for the Cleaynagh Road
- On the Castletown Road from the junction of the Cleaynagh Road to the junction with the Oatlands Road
- On the Castletown Road from the junction of the Old Castletown Road with the junction with the Orrisdale Road
- On the St Marks to Ballasalla Road from the junction with the Orrisdale Road to Ballasalla On the A27 from Eariy Cushlin to Dalby
- Church Road junction, Lonan coming out of Laxey
Assistance to race walkers in the no stopping zones is forbidden. There are many feed stations provided along the early part the course.
Other driver rules
- Stop only where you can park SAFELY.
- Be aware of road junctions and dangerous bends.
- Do not attempt to drive alongside walkers.
- Be aware of safety of other walkers and road users.
- Do not leave litter or discard food waste. Take home all your litter or use the appropriate bins.
- Switch on hazard lights when parked on the road.
- You must wear bright or reflective clothing, especially at night. Reflective
- bibs are on sale at the check in.
- Do not make excessive noise in residential areas during the night.
- Pace making is not permitted
Traffic restrictions at Rushen
There is a traffic flow system in place at Rushen Church. Please follow the signs for “Parking” if you want to go to the Church. Otherwise follow “Through Traffic” signs to continue up to the Sloc by passing the Church (see maps below).
Traffic restrictions at Peel
There is a traffic flow system in place at Peel. Please follow the diversion signs (see map below).