Registration is again at the National Sports Centre (NSC) in Douglas 17.30 and 20.30 on Thursday 15 June and 17.30 and 19.30 on Friday 16 June to:
- pick up your race numbers and a number for your support vehicle to display
- be issued with your timing wristband/ timing card
- your high quality sports shirt with its unique design thanks to six times Commonwealth Games walker Steve Partington.
To speed up the registration process, please ensure that you know your race number (you will receive an email confirming the final instructions and race numbers will also available here on the website.
The registration tent is located alongside the track on the eastern end. Please use all of the NSC car parks including the one reached after driving almost the full distance of the NSC roadway.
You will not be able to compete in the Manx Telecom Parish Walk unless you register and if you are unable to attend in person you must arrange for someone to do so for you.
Whilst registering you can also:
- select mobile numbers on which to receive text messages of your progress
- register for the Pic2go photo system whereby photos will be sent to your Facebook page
- if you register for Pic2go, have your photo taken at registration for your Facebook page
If you have any doubts about your health and fitness you should seek medical advice before starting the Parish Walk. If you withdraw after registration you must return your wristband/ timing chip. Race entry fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
The walk starts on the athletics track at the NSC at 08.00 on Saturday 17 June 2017. Provided that you have entered and registered, please turn up in plenty of time. Toilet facilities are available.
Wherever possible, arrange to be dropped off outside the NSC, walk to the start or use public transport. There will be no parking facilities at the outside part of the NSC. There will be very limited car parking facilities at the inside part of the NSC (off Groves Road) but cars should not be left there after the start. There is also a limited amount of pay and display parking at the Bowl car park on the Douglas side of the NSC.
Don’t forget to smile before the start for the photos!